Montag, 4. November 2013

A letter to Fiona


Dear Fiona,


I am writing to tell you about my passion for languages, including English, and my ways of learning them. Since I was a little child, I have always been interested in different cultures, people and their language. My love for languages developed when I started to learn English. I was only four years old and learning this language represented something fun, new and interesting. I used to listen to songs, watch films or series and read books in English. I was always interested in finding the meaning of lyrics or different texts, and eventually, I learned many new words. Studying English became a routine. My English improved after my trip to Canada. Even though I was visiting my relatives and often spoke my mother language, I was able to speak with native English speakers and listen to English on a daily basis. This helped me to improve my vocabulary, learn useful phrases and communicate better. Despite this, I am not very confident about my knowledge of English grammar. For instance, I can sometimes be quite insecure when choosing the right verb tense.
I hope I will continue developing my language skills in the future, but also wish to see more of the world and experience the culture of different nations.

With kind regards,
Vanja

This was the correction of my first English piece of homework. We were supposed to write a letter to our teacher about how we see ourselves as a language learners. I was quite satisfied with my essay until I saw the correction. After that, I felt totally disappointed. I made really stupid mistakes with the word since. Few times! However, I am here to learn, so I decided to take this course more seriously and try my best. I hope next time I will have better results.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen