Montag, 4. November 2013

Dictionary review transcription


After having a look at various monolingual online dicitonaries in our English class, my colleges and I got an assessment to record a review. My group chose to talk about vocabulary.com- dictionary and tried to give information about its special features, but also its flaws. I was supposed to talk about the things that we didn't like about this online dictionary.


What we didn't like about this online dictionary is that, even though it has pronunciation, we can only hear it, we can't see how the word is pronounced. We can't see, if the word is formal or informal and if it is a noun, is it uncountable or a countable noun. And the phonetics is not written.

When I first heard my voice, I had a strange feeling. Firstly, I didn't like that I sounded so shy and quiet. I will certainly try to speak more clearly and louder in the future. After looking at the transcript, I noticed that I said that our dictionary had a pronunciation, which is quite weird. I should have said something like: This is a dictionary with free audio pronunciation. It would sound a lot better. I also consider it would be more understandable if I had said in formal or informal language, rather than is formal or informal. My presentation also sounded pretty fast. Therefore, I hope I will improve my diction and sound clearer in the future assignments.




To add, I want to recommend everyone vocabulary.com- dictionary. Even though we can't see how the word is pronounced or if it is used in informal or formal language, this online dictionary can be really helpful in understanding the meanings of the words.

 

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen