Donnerstag, 2. Januar 2014

John Mayer

Music expresses that which cannot be put into words and that which cannot remain silent.

.
Music has always been a big part of my life. I have never played an instrument (tried guitar, but wasn't enough persistent) or sang very well, but I listen to music every day, whenever I can. Leaving home without my headphones is almost impossible and absolutely weird. I listen to all kinds of music: rock, hip-hop, techno, pop, jazz and so on. However, I mostly prefer listening to slowrock. It relaxes me and the lyrics are usually meaningful and not so shallow like in large number of songs nowdays.

This kind of music is what a guitarist called John Mayer plays. He is one of my favourite singers. He's an American guitarist and songwriter. John sings pop, acoustic, blues and country rock. His virtuosic guitar and writing skills brought him great success and fame. Until now, he has published six albums. His last album is realised in 2013 and is called Paradise Valley. Mayer has won seven Grammy awards from nineteen nominations. The guitarist is also popular for dating the prettiest Hollywood divas, such as Jessica Simpson, Taylor Swift and Jennifer Aniston. Currently, he is in a realationship with Katy Perry with whom he recorded a song "Who You Love". Moreover, John Mayer has an amazing knack for constantly being able to suprise us with new insane guitar faces. His ridiculous facial expressions is what makes this guitarist even more original and extraordinary. Personally, I find his guitar faces extremelly funny and charming.
Mayer's songs' lyrics are never dull or plain. Each song represents a whole new story and is entirely authentic. His creative words leaves me breathless. For that reason I can never say precisely which one of his songs I like the most.

  John's quotes are highly inspiring and the one below is my favourite.


Life is like a box of crayons. Most people are the 8 color boxes, but what you're really looking for are the 64 color boxes with the sharpeners on the back. I fancy myself to be a 64 color box, though I've got a few missing. It's okay though, because I've got some more vibrant colors like periwinkle at my disposal. I have a bit of a problem though in that I can only meet the 8 color boxes. Does anyone else have that problem? I mean there are so many different colors of life, of feeling, of articulation. So when I meet someone who's an 8 color type...I'm like, hey girl, Magenta! and she's like, oh, you mean purple! and she goes off on her purple thing, and I'm like, no I want Magenta!










Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen